The Laymen’s Auxiliary to the National Baptist
Convention USA, Inc. has setup a follow-on scholarships program for those who
have been awarded scholarships from the Laymen’s Auxiliary since 2019. As a
previous winner you must submit an application and meet the following criteria.
- Be in an undergraduate program at the college or
University (for up to 4 years).
- Be a registered Disciple of the Laymen’s Auxiliary every year since being awarded a scholarship.
- Complete this electronic application and upload all of the following items by the deadline of Saturday, June 17, 2023.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from your Laymen Sponsor which will be weighted and evaluated on the work and character of the
applicant (Only PDF copies will be accepted).
- Upload a copy of your transcript showing your Grade Point Average GPA.
- Upload a brief biography (500 words or less) and a recent headshot.
- Prepare a briefing on the topic: How has it your faith been impacted by college life & in the past year have you had any opportunities to witness?
- Brief the scholarship committee on July 15, 2023, at a time to be determined later. The details of the briefing requirements are found in section 2 of this application.
The application process is electronic. You must upload all of the required information before the application will transmit. Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
- Scholarships to be awarded are as follows:
Place $ 2,000
- 2nd Place $ 1,500
Place $, 1,000
All scholarships awarded will be
sent to the University where the applicant is registered. If the school returns
the money due to the inability to place the award on the applicants account the
award will be forfeited and committee will select the next individual in line to
award the funds.
Laymen Scholarship Committee Contact Number
Kelvin Mitchell, Oklahoma, Chair 405-620-4496
Alvin Moore, Alabama, Vice Chair 205-222-1044
Zach Hightower, New Mexico, Secretary 505-321-7899
Brian Jones, North Carolina, Presentations 252-529-0375
Wilbert Noble, New Jersey, Committee 201-919-4765
Calvin Armstrong, California, Committee 760-265-2722
A.J. Byrd, Missouri, Committee 816-392-9625
Dr. Bernard Gantt, New Jersey, Committee 201-982-3308