a. Completed Laymen Scholarship Application b. Letter of recommendation signed by their Pastor or in
the absence of a Pastor their Church
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of an NBC
USA, Inc. Church currently registered in the convention.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from an
accredited high school with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicant must complete this electronic application and upload all of the following items by the deadline of Saturday, June 17, 2023:
signed by the Chairman of the Deacon
Board (Only PDF copies will be accepted).
c. Each applicant must be sponsored by a Laymen currently
registered with the National
Baptist Laymen’s Auxiliary and the sponsor must
submit a Letter of recommendation for
the applicant (Only PDF copies will be accepted).
d. Each applicant must provide an essay on the topic
provided below using the guidelines
stated in section 3 of this application.
e. Copy of High School transcript showing GPA and
graduation, if available.
f. Each applicant must upload a brief biography (500 words or less) and a recent headshot.
4. The application review process is virtual, this year.
5. The application process is electronic. You must upload
all of the required information
before the application will transmit.
6. Applicant must show a competitive nature to win and a
Christ like attitude to participate.
7. If you have problems using the website please contact
Deacon Kelvin Mitchell at
committee is urging the Senior Laymen throughout the country to entice the
Junior Laymen to participate in this endeavor. You can’t win if you don’t
enter. Remember all things are possible through Christ.
Laymen Scholarship Committee Contact Number
Kelvin Mitchell, Oklahoma, Chair 405-620-4496
Alvin Moore, Alabama, Vice Chair 205-222-1044
Zach Hightower, New Mexico, Secretary 505-321-7899
Brian Jones, North Carolina, Presentations 252-529-0375
Wilbert Noble, New Jersey, Committee 201-919-4765
Calvin Armstrong, California, Committee 760-265-2722
A.J. Byrd, Missouri, Committee 816-392-9625
Dr. Bernard Gantt, New Jersey, Committee 201-982-3308