United We Lead Foundation (UWLF) Scholarship 2022-2023
Scholarship Application 2022 -2023
The United We Lead Foundation (UWLF) Scholarship Fund was established in 2019 with the mission of providing financial assistance to underserved, low-income, first-generation college students who are in pursuit of higher education.
Interested applicants must submit a COMPLETED application packet and might go through an interview process.
Application Packets are DUE to United We Lead Foundation by Friday, July 15, 2022 by midnight. Completed application packets can be submitted and uploaded here OR emailed to email@example.com with the subject header: Scholarship Application, followed by the applicant's name. Late applications will not be considered.
The UWLF awards scholarships based on a comprehensive process. A scholarship committee will review the completed applications and score them based on the following areas: academic accomplishments, community service, references, personal statement, an essay, and financial need. Scholarships are awarded annually. Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or legal status. Scholarships are awarded based on availability of funds.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• High school seniors entering accredited college/university Fall 2022
• Enrolled university students (undergraduate and graduate level)
• Community college and technical college students
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Central Valley Residents (Eligible Counties: Merced, Mariposa, Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, Inyo, Kern)
• LatinX, low-income students
• Demonstrate economic hardship
• Applicants do not need to be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States.
All applicants to the United We Lead Foundation Scholarship MUST submit ALL of the following
documents as part of the Application Packet:
* Scholarship Application
* Resume (Updated)
* Personal Statement (Describing family history, community involvement, academic achievements, and academic/professional goals) - 300 words max
* Essay (What does attaining a college career mean to you? How will this scholarship impact your life, your family, and your community?) - 500 words max
* 1 Academic/Professional Letter of Recommendation (Recent)
* Proof of College Acceptance or College Enrollment
* Unofficial Transcript (reflecting most recent enrollment from college/university)
Candidates may be scheduled for an interview. If selected, scholarship recipients must attend a
virtual or in-person scholarship ceremony. Date and location TBD.
Applications missing any of the required documents will NOT be reviewed or considered. If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Sol Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: The Scholarship Application IS part of the application packet. Please complete and submit.