Faithful Central Bible Church Scholarship
The Scholarship Committee will only accept completed applications for review. Prior to completing and submitting your application, please read and follow the directions below.
You must be a member or regularly attend Faithful Central or The Source to be eligible to receive a scholarship. All recipients will be notified by email no later than mid-July. Should you receive a scholarship award, the check(s) will be made payable to the college or university you will be attending during the 2022-2023 academic year. If you are awarded a scholarship and you change the college/university that you will attend in 2022-2023 academic year, FCBC receives the right to alter the scholarship award amount. No exceptions!
A completed application MUST be submitted by May 6, 2022, and include the following:
• H.S. or college transcript. [Note: College students do not need to submit high school transcripts. Also, you may submit unofficial transcripts, but they must include Spring 2022 classes.]
• S.A.T. or A.C.T. score reports (H.S. seniors only)
• 2022 – 2023 Financial Aid Award Letter from the college/university that you will attend.
• Essay - An essay is to be submitted by both high school and college student applicants. The essay must address the prompt below and formatted as follows:
• Applicant’s name in upper right-hand corner
• Title of Essay
• 1-inch margins
• 12-point font
• May not exceed two pages or 500 words whichever is longer
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have submitted a FCBC Scholarship in the past, you may not write about the same situation or use the same scripture references again this year.
The High School Essay Question:
What would you say is the gift, talent, or skill that God has given you to enhance His kingdom and shine His light through you to the world? How have you developed and demonstrated this gift, talent, or skill to date? How will you further develop and demonstrate this gift, talent, or skill during your college career? Incorporate in your essay one scripture reference.
The College Essay Question:
On February 20, 2022, Bishop Ulmer began a sermon series “Living Life on Purpose.” Choose one of the sermons in this series to use for this essay. The sermon referenced can be easily accessed through the Faithful Central YouTube page under the title of "Living Life on Purpose."
Explain how this sermon resonated with you; how did this sermon impact and/or challenge you; how will you use this sermon to ground you in your next year of school and life.
Your essay must include:
- at least two examples from the sermon
- three scripture references that Bishop did not use in the sermon.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022
Please submit an honest application. All information provided must be true to the best of your knowledge. Please inform us of any subsequent changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com. Questions about the application and the submission process must be received no later than Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
ANY APPLICATION NOT RECEIVED BY MAY 6, 2022 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!